5 Things to Know Before Booking a Disney Cruise
- Book Early. If you want the best price on a Disney cruise, the earlier you book, the better. Disney cruises are based on “on-demand pricing.” As rooms sell out, the price goes up. There are occasionally some last minute special rates for cruises that aren’t selling out, but you can never count on these. Plus the earlier you book, the longer you have to make payments.
- Use a Travel Agent. Yes, I am a travel agent – but hear me out. You like free money, right? Well, when you book with me, I give you free money (on-board credits) to use on your cruise. I also provide a 5 page tip sheet with everything you need to know before you cruise. You still have access to book all your activities (or I will happily do this for you). Do you remember Hurricane Irma and all the chaos? I’m sure a lot of people wished they had used a travel agent then instead of being on hold for hours trying to get a customer service rep….I’m just sayin’!! 🙂
- If you are flying, plan to fly in a day early. You would be surprised at how many people have missed their cruise due to flight delays. The cruise ship will NOT wait on you to arrive! As your travel agent, I can recommend some great hotels at the port that will provide shuttle service.
- Learn about the extra fees involved when you cruise. Gratuities, any alcoholic or specialty drinks, port excursions, etc. Check out my post on Disney Cruise Extra Cost.
- Learn about different stateroom options to determine if an interior room, Oceanview or Verandah room is right for you and your family.